January 8, 2018 Group Meditation Part 1 of 2
This 40-minute mindfulness meditation was given January 8, 2018 by Freeman at the Boundless Love Project’s Group Meditation. After doing this meditation, we suggest you listen to the “The Love of Kindness Summary and Review” which happened afterwards.
Choose one person, animal, or life form from each of the categories below whom you will connect with during today’s meditation.
1. Benefactor. Any person, animal, or life form whom has showed you kindness, helped you, inspired you, or provided you love and support. Someone who you deeply respect that puts a smile on your face when you think about them.
2. Yourself. That’s an easy one.
3. Friend. Any person, animal, or life form whom you deeply care about.
4. Neutral Being. Any person, animal, or life form whom you don’t know that well, and have no strong feelings for either way. You have seen them around, but may not even know their name: a cashier, store attendant, mail deliverer, restaurant server, janitor, neighborhood owl, or so on.
5. Difficult Being. Any person, animal, or life form whom you have a difficult time relating to or appreciating. Don’t pick your “arch-enemy,” if you have one. Pick someone you find mildly annoying or irritating, who you may be able to open your heart to. Relatives and friends you have mixed-emotions towards work well.
After listening, be sure to listen to the talk, “The Love of Kindness Summary and Review,” which is part 2 of this group meditation.