We will do the movement meditations of Qigong and walking meditation, so dress comfortably in loose clothes that will facilitate movement.
The talk will be about joy, and you will learn how to appreciate the joy of others, so you can be happy even when you are not. You will also learn:
• what joy is and what it is not.
• what nurtures and facilitates joy.
• how joy feels energetically in the body.
• the delusional states that joy cures.
This is a continuation of a series of talks on the Four States of Being, which is part of our Aspects of Truth programming.
These group meditations are free and open to the public. Feel free to invite any interested friends, family, and colleagues.
Helpful information about the venue:
- We will meet in one of the library conference rooms. Office chairs are provided to sit in. If you prefer another arrangement, feel free to bring yoga mats, cushions, blankets or whatever you need to be comfortable during the meditation.
- Although not required, we encourage you to bring your journal for taking notes and doing written activities.
- No donations will be requested or accepted at these meetings. This is the Dakota County Library Policy. If you feel moved to donate, follow the instructions on our donation page, but this is not necessary. These events are offered freely for your benefit and welfare.