Living in the now helps you experience more love, peace, and joy. We will review the many approaches to living in the now that we have discussed, including:
• Seeing the impersonal and impermanent nature of all forms, that you may live in the now with much love and compassion for ourselves and others.
• Recognizing the truth that the now is all there is, and being on the lookout for the delusions of past-ing and futuring so that they cannot cause you to suffer.
• Using the FEEL Technique to relax into and release unpleasant emotions.
• Being mindful of how everything you do is an act of love, while letting go of the need to control the outcome; this will allow you to be in the now and make your actions feel effortless, peaceful, and joyful.
• Tune into, feel, and learn from, the equanimity, joy, and love found in nature.; this will help ground you in the present moment.
This is a continuation of our series of talks on Living in the Now, which is part of our Aspects of Truth series.
These group meditations are free and open to the public. Feel free to invite any interested friends, family, and colleagues. Our time together includes a 30-minute guided meditation and talk.
Helpful information about the venue:
- We will meet in one of the library conference rooms. Office chairs are provided to sit in. If you prefer another arrangement, feel free to bring yoga mats, cushions, blankets or whatever you need to be comfortable during the meditation.
- Although not required, we encourage you to bring your journal for taking notes and doing written activities.
- No donations will be requested or accepted at these meetings. This is the Dakota County Library Policy. If you feel moved to donate, follow the instructions on our donation page, but this is not necessary. These events are offered freely for your benefit and welfare.